A group of insurgents have launched a coordinated attack on Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul city.
The ministry of interior spokesman Najib Danish said that the gunmen exchanged fire with security forces after storming the Intercontinental Hotel. He said the security forces have cordoned off the area and efforts are underway to bring the situation under the control. Danish added that the attackers appeared to have included suicide bombers, but has so far, not revealed any details of the incident or casualties. Another Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said that they believe four gunmen attacked the hotel, adding that the kitchen and parts of the hotel is on fire. According to Rahimi, Afghan special forces had cleared the first floor. There are no reports regarding the casualties and no individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack.
Latest from MIDLE EAST
Write an article from the following text. Bashar Assad stepped down as Syrian president, leaving the
Una esplosione devastante nella zona del porto di Beirut ieri nel tardo pomeriggio ha distrutto una
Usually, when people talk about Saudi Arabia and its hegemonic policies, we tend to relate to
On Tuesday 8th January, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo opens his tour in the
The 39th GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) summit held in the Saudi capital