The statement of the prosecutor-general’s office said that 235 people had been killed and 109 injured in the attack on Al-Rawdah mosque in North Sinai, where hundreds of people had gathered for traditional Islamic prayers on Friday afternoon. The state TV has reported that there will be a nationwide three-day mourning. Some witnesses in Bir al-Abed, near Arish city, told Ahram Online that terrorists detonated explosives inside a Sinai mosque and then killed the worshippers in a hail of gunfire. The gunmen escaped before Egyptian army could arrive. The suspicion fell on the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant’s (Isil) affiliate in the Sinai desert. The massacre is the worst terrorist attack on civilians in modern Egyptian history. The president El-Sisi said that Egypt will use “brutal force” against the attackers and he is set a meeting with a security committee to discuss about the attack.
Latest from AFRICA
Usually, when people talk about Saudi Arabia and its hegemonic policies, we tend to relate to
The US and Libya’s Government of National Accord signed a security cooperation agreement, which includes a
The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has urged the Cameroonian authority not
BANGUI – At least 135 people have been injured in the worst outbreak of violence in
President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria will meet Donald Trump in Washington on April 30 to discuss