Yemen’s Former president Ali Abdullah Saleh said in an interview on Al-Yemen Al-yom television (controlled by his party) that the country’s Houthi militias feared a “coup” but that there were no longer any tensions with them. Also he said that there were fears and suspicions that the rallu would be a coup against the iran-backed hutis and said houthi leaders told him ther had been an operation against them and a GPC plot to take control of state institutions. In response, Saleh said he had sent two letters to Abdel Malek al-Houthi, head of the militia group, to reassure him. Cracks emerged in the alliance between Saleh and Houthis after the two publicly accused each other of treason. Saleh ruled Yemen with an iron fist for more than three decades before stepping down in 2012 after a bloody, year-long uprising. But Saleh retained the loyalty of some of the best-equipped units in the military and later joined forces with the Houthis, after they overran the capital in 2014.
Latest from MIDLE EAST
Write an article from the following text. Bashar Assad stepped down as Syrian president, leaving the
Una esplosione devastante nella zona del porto di Beirut ieri nel tardo pomeriggio ha distrutto una
Usually, when people talk about Saudi Arabia and its hegemonic policies, we tend to relate to
On Tuesday 8th January, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo opens his tour in the
The 39th GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) summit held in the Saudi capital